I am a software engineer living in Valencia. I love coding, learning and building things.
Articles I write
The last pieces I have written:
- Two niceties about Ruby Structs (Mar 24)
And my favorite ones:
- Escaping the SPA rabbit hole with modern Rails (Jul 4, 2018)
- Resilience, a double-edged sword (Apr 9, 2018)
- Mind your dependencies (Mar 15, 2018)
- The Composed Method implementation pattern (Jun 28, 2009)
You can see my full list of posts.
Things I do
- I am a proud member of the Bandzoogle crew, where I work remotely as a full stack developer.
- I am one of the creators of Zendone, a personal productivity tool based on GTD.
I have published a few open source libraries. Some of them:
- impersonator: Ruby library to record and replay object interactions.
- turbolinks_render: Support for using Rails
renderwhen responding to ajax requests.
- qc: A command-line tool for syncing and running your backtests in QuantConnect
- forceps: For downloading linked models from remote databases. It is useful for downloading production data to your local box.
- mailgun_rails: An ActiveMailer adapter for Mailgun based on its REST API.
- truncato: A tool for truncating multi-MB XML strings efficiently.
- lazy_columns: Support for lazy-loading columns in Active Record models.
You can check my Github profile.
Books I read
I love reading good books. I am currently reading these:
You can see my complete reading list