I am a programmer living in Valencia. I work at 37signals.
Send me an email | Github | Twitter | Linkedin
Articles I write
You can subscribe to my posts by email or see the full list. The last one:
- Pending tests (Mar 2)
And my favorite ones:
- Code I like (V): Active Record, nice and blended (Dec 19, 2022)
- Code I like (IV): Vanilla Rails is Plenty (Nov 8, 2022)
- Aging programmer (Sep 24, 2022)
- Performance in context (May 14, 2022)
- Writing for yourself (Apr 4, 2022)
- Social media evilness (Mar 6, 2022)
- Balance (Feb 8, 2022)
- Don't block yourself: a remote-worker super-power (Nov 28, 2021)
- Timeboxing away (Aug 29, 2021)
- Escaping the SPA rabbit hole with modern Rails (Jul 4, 2018)
I am currently writing a series called “Code I like” on Rails patterns and techniques.
Things I do
Some of my open source contributions:
- Active Record Encryption. Application-level encrypted-attributes for Active Record, introduced in Rails 7. Learn more.
- mass_encryption. Bulk encryption for Rails apps. Learn more.
- console1984. Rails console extension that protects sensitive accesses and makes them auditable.
- audits1984. A simple auditing tool for Console 1984.
- ib_ruby_proxy: Invoke Interactive Brokers API from Ruby.
- impersonator: Ruby library to record and replay object interactions.
- turbolinks_render: Support for using Rails
renderwhen responding to ajax requests.
You can check my Github profile.