2019, what a year
2019 was an eventful one:
- We learned that our family was getting a 25% bigger next year 😀.
- We bought a new place in Valencia. After two years, we are in love with the city and region. We are settling down in a place close to the ocean, which looked like an unreachable goal for the most part of my adult life.
- I said goodbye to a very special place. I spent the last 6 years working at this wonderful Canadian company. I learned a lot and I got to meet a bunch of amazing individuals. I joined them in a time when I was really unhappy with my career and it was a 180 turn in my professional happiness. I can’t recommend them enough.
- I landed my dream job. I am still digesting the fact that I am working at Basecamp. It feels surreal being part of a company I have admired for years. This has put me out of my comfort zone in a pretty substantial way. I feel am going to learn a lot in the coming years, and intend to be very proactive to make the most of that.
- This year I was determined to publish the first version of a personal project that is very special to me. I made a ton of progress, but I changed priorities in July, when Basecamp published their opening, so that will have to wait. I published a little related library for now. Maybe I will revisit it the second half of 2020, but that’s too far ahead to make any plans now.